Vision, objectives and strategy
Alm. Brand's vision: "We take care of our customers"
The vision – taking care – implies that we
- take an interest in our customers’ needs and help them get the necessary understanding and decision-making basis for choosing financial services,
- are attentive to our customers as part of our day-to-day routines so they know that we take an interest in them,
- help and take care of our customers in the best possible way when they find themselves in a new or unexpected situation.
Alm. Brand's strategy puts CUSTOMERS FIRST
The current Alm. Brand strategy applies for the period 2012 to 2016. It marks a transition from our previous strategy, directing focus to our customers while maintaining or improving efficiency gains achieved. We aim for the Alm. Brand Group to deliver a return on equity equal to the money market rate plus 10 percentage points from 2016.
The overall objectives are:
- Higher profit
- Higher efficiency
- Higher digitalisation rate
- Higher quality
- Higher job satisfaction rate
- Higher customer satisfaction rate
The specific objectives for each business area are outlined below.
- Pre-tax return on equity: Money market rate plus 20 percentage points
- Combined ratio: 92
- Retention of market share
- Surplus in 2016
- Income/cost ratio of more than 1.1 by 2016
- Interest margin: More than 1 percentage point higher than 2012 level by 2016
- Reduction of winding-up portfolio: 10% annually
Life and Pension
- Pre-tax in return on equity: Money market rate plus 10 percentage points by 2016
- Growth in regular premiums: Inflation rate plus 8%